About this webpage: Food for All Project is now complete. New webpages focussing on the outcomes of the project are being prepared. Please note that the information on this page may be out of date.
“A Food Action Plan for Ottawa: A Community Vision” has been developed through more than two years of research, discussion, community consultations, and the hard work of over 300 community members.
- Read about the Food Action Plan
- Get involved in ongoing research and development of the Food Action Plan.
- Be a part of seeing this plan turn into ACTION.
Read the Food Action Plan:
- Toward a Breastfeeding Friendly Ottawa
- Healthy School Food Environments in Ottawa
- Income and the Cost of Eating
- Community Programming for Food Security, Food Education & Awareness
- Access to Food: Planning and Zoning
- OC Transpo and Food Access
- Edible Landscapes
- Community Gardening and Urban Agriculture on NCC Lands
- Healthy Corner Stores
- Community Gardening on Private Land and City of Ottawa Land
- Prevention, Identification and Remediation of Soil Contamination
- Hens in Urban Areas
- Bees in Urban Areas
- A Food Policy Council for Ottawa
While the Food Action Plan covers a range of topics, there are some issues that haven’t yet been fully researched or developed into a proposal. Some of these additional topics are outlined here – add your thoughts and help us to ensure that the Food Action Plan is as comprehensive as possible. You can also read a summary of the Food for All project and the development of the Food Action Plan.